Registration for the Honolulu Little League 2018 Regular Season is now open. Below are forms for parents and coaches to complete. Registration will close on January 20, 2018. Envelopes must be postmarked by that date.
Please complete the forms and mail them to “Honolulu Little League, P.O. Box 10325, Honolulu, Hawaii 96816-0325”. Registration documents will also be accepted in person on Saturday January 20, 2018 at Kilauea District Park Recreation Center between the hours of 9 am. to 1 pm.
1. The registration fee is $100. Please make your check payable to “Honolulu Little League.” Uniforms are not included in the fee. The coaches will handle uniform sales.
2. An original birth certificate is required. If your child was born in Hawaii contact the Hawaii Department of Health to order additional original birth certificates if necessary. http://health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/
3. Please complete the Player Registration form.
Remember to also sign and date under the “Terms and Conditions” part of the form.
Use the age chart to determine your child’s League age. http://www.littleleague.org/Assets/forms_pubs/age-chart-baseball.pdf
4. Please complete the Medical Release form.
5. Players are eligible to play in Honolulu Little League if they reside (proof of residency based on parent documentation) or attend school in our District. Honolulu Little League’s District runs from Hawaii Kai to Kalihi Valley (ending at Middle Street).
Eligibility Requirements (Proof of Residency Documents or School Enrollment) http://www.littleleague.org/assets/forms_pubs/Residence-Eligibility.pdf.
a. Most parents submit the School Enrollment form as that is the simplest to prove eligibility. School Enrollment as of October 1, 2017, must be signed by the Principal or Vice Principal
b. If your child’s school is not in the Honolulu boundary, you need to submit Proof of Residency (a document from Group One, Group Two and Group Three dated between February 1, 2017 and February 1, 2018 with the address and name of a parent in the Honolulu boundary). For most people they provide a copy of a Driver’s License, Homeowner Real Property Tax Assessment or Rental Agreement, and utility/cable bills.
6. Volunteer Application must be completed for all coaches, team parents and team score keepers. http://www.littleleague.org/Assets/forms_pubs/volunteer-app.pdf Please remember to attach a copy of your Driver’s License as background checks will be obtained.
Player tryouts will be conducted in the future. February 10, 2018 is the tentative tryout date. The assessment should last no more than 1 hour. Parents of registered players will be notified via email the date, time and location.
Games will be arranged based on the number of players, teams, field availability and Divisions. For example, the twelve game season for the Majors Division (10 to 12 year olds) might commence in late April through the early of June. For the Minors Division (9 to 10 year olds) the season might start on March 19, 2018 to late April 2018. The older Divisions (Juniors and Seniors) games will probably be held after the School baseball season ends (so late April through May). Practice schedules are set by the volunteer coaches.
Depending on the number of teams in each Division, games may be only against other teams within Honolulu Little League, or may be against other Little Leagues.
For Tournament eligibility players must play in a certain number of games prior to the Tournament.
If you have any questions you can email them directly to the registration coordinator (email@example.com)